Sunday, May 22, 2011

I survived the rapture!

I don't consider myself religious, if anything I believe I am spiritual. I believe in God but not necessarily the church. I believe that we have over generations have fine tuned religion to mean what we want it to.  I also realize this is going against all the beliefs of my ancestors. However, I believe that we can all agree upon compassion, respect, honesty and most importantly love.

People have been predicting the end of the world since the day the world began and humans have evolved to live in a changing world. Through hardships as famine and war, and with advancements in technology, we find a way to overcome any challenge.

Recently a website has started selling T-shirts stating "I have survived the rapture". While the rapture never happened and may never happen, it has brought together a group of very diverse people to overcome another challenge. They are donating a percentage of the proceeds to a local orphanage and helping others that don't have the means to help themselves.

If you would like to donate to the orphanage please go to Sunshine Acres and if you would like to buy a t-shirt please go to  I Survived the Rapture. It is good to know that after a man that spent $117 million dollars on advertising the end of the world, that there are people that will spend whatever they can afford to give to those in need.

1 comment:

  1. Those millions of advertising dollars definitely should have gone to those truly in need. How Christian was all that wasteful spending?
    Theresa (Tangled Trees)

    ReplyDelete